RULES AND REGULATIONS
ICICI Bank is the leader in the country in the financial services sector. Manipal Group is the national leader in the field of education. Therefore, it is imperative that all members of the IMA maintain the image of the Academy as a premier professional organization. It is incumbent upon all to maintain consistent standards of personal conduct. Programme Participants would be expected to maintain proper decorum both in the Academic Block and in the Hostel. They would also be required to behave in a responsible manner when they are outside the Academy. Suitable instructions on various issues would be passed on to the Programme Participants from time to time by posting these on the IMA website or on the IMA notice boards. All Programme Participants are advised to read these notices regularly. It would be assumed that all Programme Participants have read these notices once these notices have been put up on the website/notice board and have been there for 6 hours. Some of the important points for compliance on ssues of general nature are enumerated in the succeeding paragraphs.
Discipline regulation for participants Undergoing training at ICICI Manipal Academy For banking and insurance (IMA) is made available to them in the "student zone" of the local server. Besides the Manipal University regulations apply for the examinations.
List of Prohibited Articles/Acts
- Consumption of Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, tobacco in any form and chewing gum is strictly prohibited in the Campus and also in the Hostel. Programme participants are also not permitted to come to the hotel after consuming alcohol out side.
- Fireworks are not permitted in the campus or the hostel.
- Holi colours are not permitted in side any building. Holi will be celebrated only in open spaces nominated by the authorities.
- Possession, consumption and offering of narcotic drugs in any form is totally prohibited. Any violation will invite severe disciplinary action.
- Stealing or unauthorized possession of items belonging to any other person would be viewed seriously.
- Possession, accessing it over the internet or displaying of any pornographic material in any form will invite severe disciplinary action.
- Mobile telephones are not permitted in side the academic blocks.
- No private conveyance like motorcycle/scooter/car etc is permitted in the Academy.
Interaction amongst Programme Participants
Programme will be attended by both ladies and gentlemen. All gentlemen are expected to show due courtesy to the ladies. Any violation of decorum would be viewed seriously.
Programme participants are expected to be punctual for classes and all other organised activities by the Academy.
ICICI Bank would issue dress to be worn by all Programme Participants. This dress, as laid down, would be worn for all classes and other organised activities. Till the time the participants are issued with the dress they would abide by the following dress code:-
- Formal office trousers and shirts with a tie. Most acceptable colours for trousers would be black,brown, blue and grey. Preferable pastel colours for shirts.
- Suits for formal occasions.
- Formal footwear
- Well groomed.
- Silk or cotton (starched) sari
- Formal western wear (formal trousers/skirts with a top or a jacket) or salwar kameez.
- Formal footwear.
- Well groomed.
There will be separate wardens for the gentlemen's and the ladies' hostels. The wardens would be responsible for the discipline in the hostel and allotment of the rooms. The concerned Warden heads the Hostel Management Committee. The wardens will be assisted by hostel supervisors and other staff who will be responsible for maintenance of the buildings and other assets. In addition, floors in charge would be nominated to join the management Committee who will assist the wardens in the day to day functioning of the hostels. Similarly, a Mess Committee would be formed to assist the warden in smooth running of the hostel mess. Aim of setting up the management committee is to ensure a clean and secure living environment that is conducive for the academic advancement. Gentlemen are not permitted to visit the floors of the hostels earmarked for the Ladies. Similarly, ladies will not visit the Gentlemen's rooms or the floors occupied by them. All residents are expected to be properly dressed before they come out of their rooms. They should not be found roaming around in the corridors improperly dressed or with just a towel wrapped around their waist.
Allotment and Vacating the Hostels
- Rooms would be allotted to the residents by the warden. The allotment would be valid for the complete duration of the Programme. Residents shall not change over to any other room except with the written permission of the warden. Residents may be required to shift to other blocks/rooms in organizational interest as and when directed by the hostel authorities.
- Residents are advised to check all fixtures and fitments in their respective rooms as per the inventory at the time of occupation.
- Residents would be required to vacate the hostel at the time of proceeding for the internship during the fourth semester. Any damage to the hostel property in their respective rooms would have to be made good by the Residents.
Maintenance and Upkeep
- Residents must tidy up their rooms every day before leaving for classes or going out of the hostel.
- Any request for repair or maintenance should be entered in the registers specifically kept for this purpose with the hostel warden. Residents must bring to the notice of the supervisory staff any failure or breakdown in electric supply. They should not attempt to repair the defects in the mains or in the distribution system.
- When leaving their rooms the residents must switch off all lights, fans and water taps.
- Bed linen would be changed at stipulated intervals by the supervisory staff. The rooms and surroundings must be kept neat and clean. Services of cleaners would be provided by the hostel.
- Cooking in the hostel rooms is not permitted.
- Pets of any kind are not permitted in the hostel premises. Feeding of stray dogs and cats or any other animals is not permitted in the hostel premises.
All residents would be necessarily required to dine in the Resident's Mess. They would be expected to adhere to the laid down timings.
- Playing of loud music and disturbing other residents is not permitted. All residents are expected to maintain the decorum by not disturbing their room mates or their neighbours.
- Playing of any outdoor games in the corridors of the hostels is not permitted.
- The Wardens or their representatives may enter any room for verification at any time of the day or night.
- All residents must return to the hostel latest by 7.30 pm (girls) / 10 pm (boys).
- Any absence from the hostel at night must be with the specific permission of the warden.
- Residents are not permitted to allow their rooms to be used by any other person.
- Visitors must be entertained in the areas specifically earmarked for them.
- All residents must inform the warden about any disciplinary or other problems concerning them or their room mates/neighbours.
- No television is permitted to be kept in any hostel room.
- Residents are advised not to keep any valuables or jewellery etc in their rooms. All expensive items must be kept under lock and key when the residents are not in their rooms. The management will not be held responsible for loss of any valuables. All rooms when the residents are not present must be locked and the key handed over to the security by the last occupant leaving the room.
- Residents are not permitted to bring any type of private conveyance to the hostel.
Complaints and Representations
- All complaints shall be made in writing and addressed to the warden.
- Residents are not permitted to convene meeting of any sort in the hostel premises without the prior permission of the warden.
- All residents would be covered by the medicare scheme of ICICI Bank. A doctor would be available at appointed hours in the campus.
It is mandatory for all Programme Participants to take part in all curricular and co-curricular activities. They would be required to attend 100% classes. Leave of absence would be given only on extreme compassionate grounds with the specific permission of the Director, IMA.
These instructions are by no means comprehensive. Any issue, not expressly provided herein, would rest at the absolute discretion of the IMA authorities who also reserve the right to modify these instructions. It would be the earnest endeavour of the management to make the living conditions in the hostel as comfortable as possible. Cooperation of the residents would help the management in achieving this aim.